Here’s a little background on my face- I have combination skin and mild rosacea with the occasional blemish (or two). No blemish is ever welcomed and I definitely get insecure when a little bump sprouts from my pores. My rosacea always seems to get worse in the beginning of summer and winter and makes me want to run and hide under my sheets and not come out unless my face is concealed with CC cream. In the past couple of weeks, however, I have set aside all of my CC creams and foundations and I’ve never felt more free!
Here are some things I have been doing to clear up my skin that are easy and best of all, super inexpensive!
- Every day I have at least 64oz of water, sometimes I add lemon slices, mint and chia seeds.
- I started drinking a green juice (almost) every morning- Some of my favorite recipes:
- water, spinach, orange, strawberries, ginger, lemon
- water, kale, spinach, green apple, ginger, lemon
- water, spinach, strawberries, blackberries
- I sometimes will add my pea protein powder to any of the above after I work out
- I eat at least one raw meal a day. Usually a delicious salad with no meat and lots of greens
- I have cut out -almost completely- processed sugars
Mānuka honey facial masks are my all-time favorite these days. Ingredients:
1 tbsp of Mānuka honey on its own all over a clean face. Leave on for 15-20 min. Wet a facial cloth with very warm water, twist out excess water, and let it sit on face for a few seconds and then gently exfoliate it off. Rinse off with cool water and moisturize
- Mix 1 tbsp of Mānuka honey with turmeric powder and lemon juice (or rose water) This one might stain the skin a bit so cleanse off the same as above with a facial cloth you don’t mind getting stained and if there is still a bit of a yellow tint on the skin, damp a cotton with rose water and gently brush it all over the face until clear
There are honestly so many ways to use Mānuka honey on the face and all are super beneficial. It really just varies on what specific problem areas you’re trying to target.
These steps are easy and they have worked really well for me. It is such an amazing feeling to wake up and have the option to apply coverage on my face or not. Besides my face clearing up, I have also felt more energized which is a great plus. I think it is so important to love ourselves fully no matter what but when we feed our skin and body good and natural ingredients it’ll really shine through.
I really do hope these tips and tricks help some of you beauties! Let me know if you have some natural remedies that have worked for you 🙂
Where to buy:
Mānuka Honey, Chia Seeds and Brown Sugar – Sprouts